Diligent and Aggressive Representation
No matter the nature of the excuse or dispute, you are entitled to money owed to you or your firm. You will need capable and professional legal representation when an individual, entity, or another firm refuses to pay outstanding debts.
Our Chicago creditor’s rights litigation lawyers at Regas, Frezados & Dallas LLP have over 100 years of combined legal experience and have handled thousands of cases. Our team of skilled litigators is capable of supporting insurers, commercial landlords, real estate developers, and other financial lending institutions. We can help you understand and enforce your rights as creditors both in and out of the courtroom.
Our Collector’s Rights Service Areas
In many cases, securing a judgment to collect a delinquent debt will not be enough. A firm or individual may continue to be evasive or attempt other strategies to avoid paying. Our firm provides a full suite of creditor’s rights litigation, enforcement, and collection services and can work aggressively to protect your interests.
Regas, Frezados & Dallas LLP is made up of accomplished problem solvers. When you come to us with a creditor’s rights issue, we will thoroughly evaluate every aspect of the situation and think outside the box to develop creative, cost-effective solutions that can efficiently resolve the conflict. Our team can review your options and help you understand what to expect. Once we commit to a course of action, we will stay in close communication with you throughout the litigation, enforcement, and collection processes.
Our Chicago creditor’s rights litigation attorneys can assist you with:
- Obtaining and enforcing judgments. When an individual or entity refuses to pay a debt, you may need to pursue a lawsuit against the debtor. We can manage all elements of these legal actions and can work to efficiently secure a judgment on your behalf. Our team can then exercise all legal mechanisms afforded to us to facilitate payment.
- Securing provisional remedies. We can advocate for and enforce numerous types of provisional remedies that can protect your interests ahead of any legal process. These can include injunctions, writs of attachment, writs of possession, and more.
- Negotiating and enforcing workout agreements. A workout agreement functions as a formal and mutually agreed-upon renegotiation of an existing loan contract. We can assess whether pursuing a workout agreement in lieu of a collections lawsuit may be in your best interest. Our team can also draft, negotiate, finalize, and enforce workout agreements.
- Negotiating and implementing receiverships. In especially contentious situations where a debtor may attempt to conceal or destroy one or more assets, independent receiverships can be authorized to take temporary control of the funds or property involved in the dispute. We can recognize scenarios where receiverships may be necessary and negotiate their implementation. Our firm can also serve as your appointed receiver and safeguard your assets.
- Facilitating foreclosures. We can pursue and oversee judicial and nonjudicial foreclosures and ensure compliance with all state and federal regulatory requirements. Our firm can also negotiate with debtors on your behalf and explore other cost-effective solutions that may be in your best interest, including loan modifications and short sales.
- Navigating debtor bankruptcies. Contrary to popular belief, creditors have rights even when debtors file for bankruptcy protection. Though the automatic stay can temporarily halt collection efforts, we can advocate for your interests throughout the bankruptcy process.
Since 2003 we have been providing high quality legal services in Chicago. Learn why we continue to be trusted.Why Choose Us
We are the experts and want to share our knowledge to help you get familiar with business law.Read Our FAQ
We Are On Your Side
We have handled thousands of cases and we are ready to give your case the time and attention it deserves.Free Consultation