Chicago Corporate Formation Attorneys
Capable and Diligent Formation Assistance
The complexities of corporate law and entity formation mean that only experienced and knowledgeable legal professionals are qualified to provide effective guidance in this area. When forming a business entity, you must carefully consider the advantages and disadvantages of each entity type and how these factors align with your objectives.
Our Chicago corporate formation lawyers at Regas, Frezados & Dallas LLP can assist you in selecting and forming the appropriate entity for your business. Our team has over 100 years of collective experience and has helped numerous clients create partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations. We can provide efficient and professional guidance through the formation process and ensure your new entity is appropriately registered and meets all other regulatory requirements.
Over a Century of Combined Experience
At Regas, Frezados & Dallas, LLP, we do not take on more cases than our team can handle. We carefully limit our clients so that each can receive the highest levels of professional service. Our firm is invested in your new venture’s long-term success and is committed to carefully evaluating your circumstances to determine the best path forward.
When choosing a business entity, you will need to consider tax efficiency, personal liability, regulatory requirements, and organizational structure. Some entity types, including corporations, are subject to more regulatory oversight than others. We have a full knowledge of corporate law and can assess your unique needs when providing guidance with entity selection.
Our Chicago corporate formation attorneys can assist you with:
- Incorporation documents. Articles of incorporation outline the management structure of a corporation. Incorporation documents will generally cover the name of the corporation, its location, its type, the partners involved, the number and types of shares that will be used, how decisions will be made, and how disputes will be managed. Incorporation documents must be registered with the Secretary of State and represent one of several mandatory steps when forming any type of corporation. There are many categories of corporations, each with its own organizational, regulatory, and tax implications. We can assist in selecting the corporation type that will support your goals, prepare the incorporation documents, and file them with the appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Partnership agreements. Partnerships involve two more individuals who work together to manage a commercial venture. They are often ideal for small businesses, and each partner shares in the arrangement’s profits, losses, and liabilities. Partnerships can vary wildly in complexity depending on the scale and nature of the underlying business. To avoid ambiguity and future conflict, a partnership agreement defines each individual’s stake in the business and divisions for profits and losses. A robust agreement will also state the length and conditions of the partnership as well as mechanisms for making decisions and resolving disputes between partners. We can assist with drafting partnership agreements that will protect your interests. We can also assist with the dissolution of partnerships if a dispute becomes irreconcilable or if the arrangement has run its course.
- LLC agreements. A limited liability company, or LLC, is a business classification that limits its members’ personal responsibilities to the entity’s liabilities and losses. LLCs are popular with small businesses thanks to their flexible management structure and relatively minimal regulatory reporting requirements. LLCs can involve a sole businessowner or be made up of multiple members. An LLC agreement should outline the business’s organizational structure and each member’s rights and obligations to the entity. Our team can prepare and register single-member LLC and multi-member LLC agreements.
- Shareholder agreements. Shareholder agreements govern how a corporation will be overseen and operated by stockholders. The document should address financing, management, dividends, dispute resolution, protections for minority shareholders, regulations for selling shares, and other decision-making mechanisms. We can assess your corporation’s needs and prepare shareholder agreements.
- Business entity conversions. As your business grows and evolves, you may wish to convert your company into a different type of business entity. This can typically be accomplished without dissolving your current entity and creating a new one. Our team can advise on conversion options and assist you with preparing plans of conversion, articles of incorporation, and certificates of conversion.
- Business continuation planning. What would happen if the leaders of your business were to suddenly pass away, become incapacitated, or otherwise be unavailable? Business continuation planning allows you to proactively prepare for every contingency and establish mechanisms for who will assume key leadership positions in times of crisis or when you or your partners retire. We can help you understand the contingencies and scenarios you should prepare for and assist in establishing continuance and succession protocols that are consistent with your goals.
A Complete Suite of Business and Corporate Transaction Services
Our Chicago corporate formation lawyers are committed to providing your business with exemplary representation in all areas. In addition to our formation services, we can assist you with corporate recordkeeping, corporate real estate transactions, and business transactions. We can also aggressively advocate for you with leadership and shareholder disputes and all form of commercial litigation.
Since 2003 we have been providing high quality legal services in Chicago. Learn why we continue to be trusted.Why Choose Us
We are the experts and want to share our knowledge to help you get familiar with business law.Read Our FAQ
We Are On Your Side
We have handled thousands of cases and we are ready to give your case the time and attention it deserves.Free Consultation